2.04.2012

Boho Side Braid

Maybe I should have paid more attention at girls camp when all of the other girls where learning how to braid their hair.  I'm not exactly the woodsy camping type but I did manage to pick up the easy-basic, cross right over left, switch and repeat braid...but thats it.

Seeing this look on the red carpet made me want to take it one step further to achieve this carefree boho hairstyle, especially on those days where I skip on washing my hair.  This look will be big this spring, keep an eye out!

IN-Style Magazine shares tips on how to achieve this look:


• Start with dry hair that is completely knot-free.
• Create a deep side part with your fingers—not a comb. This is important to facilitate a more undone look and help you stay away from anything too severe.
• Pull all of your hair over one shoulder and braid to the side. If you can create a French braid, like Rachel McAdams, do! If not, no worries. A simple plait still works.
• Fasten with a clear elastic, and leave out wispy pieces to frame the face.

1 comment:

  1. I am totally loving the messy Braid look....and yes braids are totally in right now!!!! I also wanted to tell you that you should join our Utah Latina Bloggers Group in FACEBook!!! it would be so great to have you be part of our little community of Blogeras. I really love the idea behind your blog...Hope to hear from you soon.

    ReplyDelete